9 Good Reasons Why You Should Shop FSBO
1. Better value. More house for the money. Today's smart home buyer knows that most agent-listed properties have an inflated price to cover the agent's commission.
2. Seller's know the property and neighborhood better than any agent ever could.
3. You're in control: Nobody is going to tell you what to do or what to look at.
4. Less hassle and frustration: When buying by owner, there's not all the frustrating back-and-forth telephone tag between agents to reach an agreement. It can be done in less than 30 minutes, and end with a friendly handshake and smile between seller and buyer.
5. Less uncertainty: Because you meet the prospective sellers, you have a much better idea how they mainatined the property, what they like about the home, how serious they are about selling and what their time frame and situation is. This direct feedback is easier to live with than wondering how things are going, or worse, what the seller is thinking.
6. You can sure that sellers are truly interested in your interest when you visit because you have personally made the effort to be there...you haven't been dragged there by a buyer's agent.
7. Today, buyer's have more access to homes for sale than ever in the history of real estate. You no longer need an agent to "show" you what is for sale. The internet has changed the game. Today buyer's are in control, not agents.
8. It's fun! It's fun to shop for property on your own schedule, you know what you want, where you want it and it's fun meeting sellers direct!
9. It's Easy: Once you find a house and strike a deal with the seller, the title company, lenders, or lawyers take over.